1. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, the owners of Sandy Lane Farm shall be known as the "Owner" and the person(s) making the holiday booking shall be known as the "Visitor(s)".
2. A booking agreement is made on the basis that a caravan pitch is to be occupied by the Visitor for a holiday and the Visitor acknowledges that the occupancy granted by this agreement is not an assured occupancy and that no statutory periodic occupancy will arise when it ends.
3. Bookings can only be accepted from persons over the age of 18 years.
4. At time of booking the Owner will confirm the availability of a caravan pitch and costs involved, and will reserve a caravan pitch for the agreed time period.
5. All prices quoted include VAT where applicable at current rates.
6. A non-refundable deposit of £15 is required to secure the reservation. If this deposit is not received within 7 working days then the reservation will be removed and the caravan pitch made freely available.
7. The Owner can only accept payment for the caravan pitch and services by cash or cheque. Credit/debit card facilities are not available. Please make cheques payable TCS.
8. In order to process a booking and communicate with Visitors, the Owner needs certain information including name, address, telephone number, Caravan Club membership number and number of persons in the party. These details should be provided with the deposit.
9. The Owner takes full responsibility for ensuring that proper measures are in place to protect the above information.
10. The cost of the holiday becomes due when the Visitor arrives at the site and must be paid in full at that time.
11. Should the caravan site becoming uninhabitable due to some unforeseen circumstance before the Visitor arrives, the Owner will refund the deposit. Or should this happen during the holiday, a proportion of the cost less the deposit will be refunded.
12. Caravan bookings are limited to one car per van
13. The Owner accepts no responsibility for personal injury to Visitors, or loss of or damage to their property, or for other matters over which the Owner has no control.
14. The Visitor shall keep the caravan pitch/site in the same state of repair, cleanliness and general order as at the commencement of the holiday. The Visitor must report and pay to the Owner the cost of any loss, or damage or breakages made during their holiday.
15. The Visitors rights to occupy the caravan site may be forfeited without compensation if --
a. More people than specified at the time of booking attempt to occupy the caravan.
b. More than one car per caravan arrives at the site.
c. Overnight guests are entertained without the Owners express permission.
d. Any activity is undertaken which may cause unreasonable damage, noise, nuisance or disturbance to the caravan pitch, caravan site, the farm, the Owners or livestock.
16. In the event of there being cause for complaint concerning the caravan site or pitch, the matter should be taken up with the Owner at once. It is important that this is done whilst Visitors are still on the site so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will compensation be made for complaints raised after the holiday has ended when the Visitor has denied the Owner the opportunity of investigating the complaint and endeavouring to put matters right during the holiday.
17. The Owner shall be allowed access to the caravan pitch at any reasonable time during a holiday occupancy.
18. The speed limit for all vehicles on site is a maximum of 5 mph (walking pace). Pedestrians and children have right of way.
19. When attaching a cable to the electrical hook-up consideration must be given to the cable run so as not to cause a hazard or inconvenience other visitors.
20. Due to the very nature of a shower block, the floor may become wet and slippery after use. Care must be taken when using the facility to prevent accidents. Children must be supervised at all times, and particularly when hot water is being used. The Owner cannot accept responsibility for mis-use of the shower/toilet block.
21. Receptacles are provided for the disposal of domestic waste. All waste must be sorted into the containers provided to comply with local recycling regulations.
22. The contents of chemical closets must be disposed of by emptying at the disposal point provided. Only bio-degradable chemical fluids should be used that do not affect the natural bacterial balance of the system or cause difficulties for sewage disposal. Disposable nappies and similar bulky items must not be emptied into the chemical closet emptying point.
23. The caravan site is surrounded by fields used for animal grazing. The Visitor must be aware that farm animals are not pets and can be temperamental. Visitors, and in particular children, must not approach these animals unless permission has been obtained from the Owner.
24. Barbecues are permitted, but visitors must endeavour to minimise smoke and fumes and any annoyance to neighbours. All barbecues must be raised sufficiently off the ground to minimise the risk of fire and to avoid damage to the grass.
25. The information given on this website is as accurate as possible and given in good faith. However, circumstances may result in changes around the caravan site. If changes are necessary and beyond the control of the Owner, then the Owner cannot accept responsibility for any such changes.
Download these Terms & Conditions in pdf format.
A free download of the latest Adobe ® pdf reader is available from Adobe ® at ---